Ficep S.p.A. was established in 1930 and is located at the foot of the Alps on the northern border between Switzerland and Italy. Since the beginning, Ficep has been exclusively engaged in the engineering and manufacturing of machine tools for the metalworking industry.
The Ficep manufacturing complex is comprised of several affiliate Ficep owned companies that collectively encompasses over 1,500,000 square feet. Each facility maintains the responsibility for a specific product or product group to maximize efficiency.
Ficep Corporation’s facility located in Forest Hill, Maryland (outside of Baltimore, Maryland) contains our spare part inventory, Tech Support Team and Ficep CNC equipment under power for customer training and product demonstration.
The facility is also utilized to rebuild used equipment and to manufacture complementary material handling elements.
CNC Single Spindle Drills
Excalibur 12 CNC Single Spindle Drill
The Ficep Excalibur 12 which was introduced in 2010 is uniquely different than all other single spindle CNC drill lines previously engineered by Ficep since the first units in the 70’s.
Excalibur 12 CNC Single Spindle Drill
- Requires less than one-half the space of a conventional CNC drill line.
- The value of the investment is less than half that of a multiple spindle drilling line.
- Wireless remote control enhances the operator’s productivity by 30% over designs without this feature!
- The non contact laser probing system accurately locates the flange holes relative to the web without any time loss to probe the web surface!
- The Excalibur 12 features a Windows based CNC control for ease of operator familiarity and the ability for our tech support group to assist the operator or remotely troubleshoot a problem should it develop.
- The monthly cost to purchase this CNC line is traditionally less than the cost of a layout man with benefits!
- Typically the payback is one year or less!
This new product line features an exclusive secondary “X” axis with improved accuracy and productivity as it is not necessary to unclamp, reposition and re-clamp for each “X” axis (length axis) movement. This capability also permits scribing on all four surfaces to eliminate all manual layout which can be automatically imported from such CAD systems as SDS2 or Tekla. The secondary axis also provides the ability to generate slotted holes, copes and large holes that exceed the maximum capability of the Excalibur 12.
The Excalibur is also furnished with a ball screw spindle feed that features 25 HP direct drive spindle that delivers this power directly to the tool as there is no power loss from outdated transmission designs. In addition to the 25 HP at the tool the system generates up to 3,000 RPM to use carbide tools to their maximum capability.
Once the spindle is at the programmed position, top and bottom internal clamps quickly secures the material as the drill positions to the programmed gauge line and commences drilling.
The versatility of this CNC system can be exhibited when processing the following typical applications:
- Flange drilling
- Web drilling
- Automatic sequencing from one section to the next
- Drilling of angles
- Processing of plate detail
- Drilling of structural tubes
Orient 12 Model 1201DD Single/Double Spindle CNC Drill Line
The Orient 12 Model 1201 DD CNC drill line processes material in a conventional fashion as the sections are positioned automatically to the required length dimension along the infeed and outfeed conveyor. The single or dual spindles of the 1201 DD automatically rotate up to a full 180Â° in less than one second to accommodate any hole requirements in either flange or the web.
The Orient can also be furnished with a sub axis for the drill spindle.Â Typical hole patterns, scribing, slotting and milling can be accomplished without the need to move the section.
Gantry-Style Plate Processing
Dual Drill Spindles Increase Productivity by Over 40%!
The Ficep Gemini plate processing line with its unique secondary axis for each spindle enhances the productivity by over 40% when compared to single spindle plate processor. The sub axis, in conjunction with the second spindle, is like having two plate drilling systems in the same footprint and with the same operator.
Holes do not have to be aligned to engage the second spindle as each one operates totally independently so both spindles are fully operational simultaneously. When you consider the 40% productivity increase for relatively little additional cost, this is why users are constantly opting for the dual spindle advantage!
- Process plate up to 8′, 10′, 12′ or 20′ in width.
- Twin beam construction supports the drill spindles on both sides for added rigidity. The spindles are not mounted outside of the frame.
- Gantry system eliminates lost time when loading or unloading the table regardless of the part sizes.
- Irregular shaped remnants can be effectively processed as the stock material is stationary.
- Maximum material utilization since it is not necessary to clamp the material for positioning.
- High performance 6,000 RPM spindle with a ball screw feed
- The system can be provided with two drilling spindles and multiple torches for increased productivity.
- Secondary “X Axis” permits hole patterns to be generated without having to reposition the gantry.
- Optional automatic chip evacuation.
- Oxy-fuel and plasma cutting systems.
- Oxy-fuel and plasma beveling heads available
- Guaranteed accuracy with rack and pinion positioning and measuring systems.
- Irregular stock plates or drops can remain on the table and utilized later without having to unload the drop only to return it to the table later.
- Since the material clamp is internal to the Gemini, the entire stock can be used to minimize scrap.
- Guaranteed accuracy regardless of rust and mill scale
- Automatic tool changer for up to 24/48 tools
Reach out for more information on our FICEP Manufacturing line!