Midwest Automation is a family-owned U.S. manufacturing company located in Minneapolis, Minnesota. For over 60 years, Midwest Automation has manufactured industrial machinery in the heartland of the USA for the woodworking, composite panel, and metalworking industries using U.S. labor and locally available components whenever possible.
Nautilus (Wet) Series
Deburring & Finishing
Nautilus Wet Deburring, Finishing and Edge Rounding Machines are designed for economically deburring, finishing, and/or edge rounding a wide variety of component parts made from either sheet metal or steel plate.
Scotch Brite™ brush(es) ensure exceptional part results where the finish is critical.
The Nautilus is engineered to have common systems and parts. Creating modular systems gives Midwest Automation the flexibility to customize machines and production for your working environment.
- Modular design with “docking ports” for a variety of cartridge-style abrasive heads
- Conveyor bed is manufactured with 0.375 inch thick steel plate and precision machined and to +/- 0.001 tolerance to insure flatness
- Conveyor bed adjustment with 4 precision jacks, covered gears, roller bearing guides and direct linkage
- Electronic thickness adjustment with HMI/PLC control, color monitor and up to 50 presets
- Automatic self-aligning conveyor belt tracking system
- Electronic variable feed speed control with AC drive
- Cartridge-style belt head assembly with automatic abrasive belt tracking system with ultrasonic sensor
- Cartridge-style barrel brush head assembly with standard oscillating speeds of 250 strokes per minute
- Cartridge-style top brush head assembly with 10-inch diameter brushes or Scotch-Brite pads
- Belt head and brush head assemblies are handwheel adjusted
- Pinch rollers are spring-loaded
- Infeed conveyor section includes 2 vinyl covered rollers
- Infeed safety bar with over thickness limit switch
- Stainless steel collection pan and exterior doors
- Automatic parts dryer with Air Sonic™ air knife and regenerative blower
- Automatic paper bed filter
- Central lubrication point
- Electrical control panel with 24 volt DC circuit
Patriot (Dry) Series
Deburring & Finishing
Patriot Dry Deburring and Finishing Machines are designed for economically deburring, finishing, and/or edge rounding a wide variety of ferrous and non-ferrous components.
One to three head configurations are available where fewer passes are required to achieve the desired results.
The Patriot is engineered to have common systems and parts. Creating modular systems gives Midwest Automation the flexibility to customize machines and production for your working environment.
Metal Part Before
Metal Part After
Mini 9 Compact Series
Midwest Automation is pleased to offer the new Mini 9 (Dry) to their line of Compact Deburring and Finishing Machines, a perfect companion to the new Niagara DC 500 Wet Dust Collector.
The Mini 9 is a compact, 9-inch wide machine built to be versatile and reliable in any production environment.
Perfect Parts. No Bull.
- Rugged cantilevered design for ease of abrasive belt change, & increased part width in 2 pass operation
- Heavy-duty conveyor bed weldment is precision ground to ensure flatness
- Rough top SBR rubber conveyor belt
- Reliable abrasive belt tracking system with crowned idler roller (no compressed air required)
- Identical size (9 inch x 48 inch) abrasive & conveyor belts for ease of dressing contact drum and conveyor belt
- Manual thickness adjustment with digital display
- (2) Spring-loaded 1.5 inch pinch rollers on 5 inch centers
- 5 HP abrasive belt motor with thermal overload and reset button
- Analog ammeter
- 0.25 HP conveyor belt motor with 17 fpm feed speed
- 230 volt single phase electric with 110V control voltage
- Dust collection hookup
- Infeed end safety bar
- Safety interlocks and emergency stop
- Optional DC 500 wet dust collector